Hosting a holiday party is a wonderful way to show your friends and family that you love and appreciate them. If the thought of planning an event during the chaotic holiday season overwhelms you, then you will be pleasantly surprised to know that you can host a fantastic party with just a little bit of advance planning. Below are seven easy steps to help you host a holiday party.
1) Decide what type of party you would like to host. The first step in organizing a holiday party is to determine what kind of get together you would like to have. Casual cocktail parties and formal dinner parties are two examples.
2) Prepare your invitations. After determining the type of party you would like to host, it is time to finalize your guest list and send your invitations. If you plan to mail your invitations, be sure to allow a few days for their arrival.
3) Select your menu items. The food you choose should reflect the season and the type of party you are planning. For instance, if you are hosting a casual cocktail party, you should focus on choosing your beverages and appetizers. You can save some time by choosing some appetizers that you can make in advance.
4) Make it easy for your guests to serve themselves. Spending quality time with your guests is a challenge if you have to spend the majority of your time mixing drinks. You can avoid this party pitfall by setting up a station where guests can serve themselves. Be sure to include plenty of clean glasses, ice, mixers, and napkins.
5) Choose a decorative theme. The theme and decorations you select can be the difference between a memorable event and a hum-drum gathering. As you select your decorations, remember that sometimes the smallest accents have the greatest impact.
6) Take care of as much as you can in the days leading up to your party. This step will eliminate stress on the day of your party and allow you to enjoy your event. While it is impossible to prepare some dishes in advance, you can take care of the bulk of your party planning in the 48 hours before your gathering.
7) Enjoy yourself! If you follow the steps above, you will be well-prepared to enjoy your holiday party. Your guests will be more apt to relax and enjoy your party if they see you doing the same!
Photo Source: [Gabiixs]