Thanksgiving is a special time of year for feasting on a delicious meal with the whole family. Since dogs can’t eat most Thanksgiving foods, we are preparing for Pupsgiving with Petco in Tyler! We’re giving thanks to the faithful companions that are always by our side when we need them. Whether you’re going to treat them to Thanksgiving flavored dog treats or extra belly rubs this year, The Village at Cumberland Park has some ideas on how to give thanks to your dogs this year.
Take a Trip to Petco in Tyler
Petco in Tyler has everything you need to let your pup feast with the whole family this year. Your pup will love to chow down on some Natural Formula Duck & Turkey wet dog food while you eat the real deal. For dessert, you can give your dog Cloud Star Wag More Bark Less Chicken & Sweet Potato treats instead of a turkey bone. Turkey bones can seriously harm your dog’s stomach and should be avoided.
Do’s and Don’ts of Thanksgiving Dog Feeding
Everyone should know what they should and shouldn’t feed your pets at the Thanksgiving dinner table. Even one small bite of something they can’t eat will harm them. A large number of people admit to feeding their pups food scraps from the dinner table, and some of it might be hurting more than it helps. Here is a list of things you can and cannot feed your dog on Pupsgiving:
- Turkey – White meat only. No skin, drippings, bones, gravy or fat.
- Cranberry Sauce – only a small portion.
- Plain Green Beans – no green bean casserole
- Mashed Potatoes – no dairy, butter or onions.
- Chocolate – All forms of chocolate are off limits.
- Grapes or Raisins – causes kidney failure.
- Alliums – foods like onions, leeks, garlic and scallions.
- Xylitol – an artificial sweetener that causes death.
- Alcohol – Will harm your dog.
Thanksgiving is a great day to celebrate and cherish all of the good boys and girls in your life. Take care of your pups and give them a few belly rubs from The Village at Cumberland Park! Want to learn more about celebrating Thanksgiving in Tyler? Check out our directory today.
Photo from Getty Images: #1054842004